- 1. About us
- 2. Information we collect
- 3. How we use the information
- 3a. Enquiring to Hale Events Ltd., or providing a service or product to Hale Events Ltd.
- 4. What if I don’t provide some or all of the information requested?
- 5. What grounds (legal basis) are we processing the data under?
- 6. Information stored on you
- 7. Sharing your information with third parties
- 8. Cookies
- 9. How we protect your data
- 10. Your rights regarding your personal information
- 11. Right of complaint to the Regulator for Data Protection
- 12. How long we hold your data
- 13. Links to third-party websites
- 15. Contacting us
1. About Us
Hale Events Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales no. 2631247, having its registered offices at Premier House, Old Church Road, Axbridge Somerset BS26 2BQ
Hale Events is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK and the General Data Protection Regulation.
Hale Events’ Data Protection Officer will be happy to deal with any queries or requests regarding the data we hold about you. They can be contacted at email@example.com or by post to Data Protection Officer, Premier House, Old Church Road, Axbridge Somerset BS26 2BQ.
2. Information we collect
Information we collect about you
We collect any information you provide to us when you complete paper or online forms, or provide us with your details over the phone to register to attend one of our shows or subscribe to our mailing list, or to enquire to Hale Events, about working as either a partner, or potential employee, or with another enquiry. This information can include your name, address, email address, phone number, and other information relevant to the company, show or service that you are registering for or enquiring about. This allows us to process your registration or enquiry and send you service messages.
We do collect some information from cookies, and similar software which allows us to understand how you arrive on our websites, how you use and navigate around them, and how you interact with our email. This information is used to improve our services and communication. We may obtain some information from Google Analytics and Facebook. The Facebook information provided is limited to your email address and only that which you have previously agreed with Facebook that they can share.
In order for you, your business or organisation to be registered to attend one of our trade shows, or have your details recorded for possible participation in an event, or to be a business partner of Hale Events Ltd, you must be over 18 years old.
- If you register for a trade show, you will be required to use your badge to gain access to the event. At trade shows we may collect information about when you enter the event and which exhibitors or other participants you have engaged with.
- Exhibitors at a trade show may gather data about you, with your consent, to be able to provide you with follow up information about their products and services. This may be in writing, or by use of other means such as scanners on applications on mobile devices.
- By choosing to allow your badge to be scanned by an exhibitor, sponsor or for a seminar session when at the trade show, you will be providing the exhibitor, sponsor and organisers with your personal data. You consent to this personal data being used to contact you about their products or services and understand that this partner or sponsor may transfer this data outside of the European Economic Area for these purposes and you consent to such transfer of your data. Only agree for your badge to be scanned when you are happy with the data policy of the organisation scanning your badge. You also understand and agree that your personal data may be held and used by the organiser of this event Hale Events, and any third-party hosting provider acting on its behalf, in order to run the event and for analysing visitor traffic with a view to improving the event experience for visitors.
We may also receive information about you from third parties where you have consented to such third party sharing your information with us.
Information you provide to us
We may also collect information which may include personal information about you and other people in your business.
We do not collect sensitive information (also known as special categories of information) about you.
3. How we use the information
By registering to attend one of our shows, or enquiring about taking part as an exhibitor you agree that we can use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- To manage Hale Events Ltd.’s website and display information about show participants
- To process orders and provide our services, goods or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and queries, such as registering to attend one of our shows, or enquiring about taking part.
- For administration purposes. This means we may contact you regarding goods or services ordered or online content you have signed up for, to let you know that a service or online site has been suspended for maintenance, or to contact you to update company information we hold.
- To provide advanced website and service offering features to you and others.
- We will use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to establish the number of visits from different members and business partners, to limit/cap adverts of a certain type, and to personalise content and emails.
- For analysis and research to improve our services and goods offered.
- To improve your own website and information search results.
- A certain amount of advertising is tailored to the individual based on viewing and/or purchase habits. This is a common practice known as online behavioural advertising.
- We may show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, and Twitter). Some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers.
- To conduct surveys with you (where you have participated in, or attended one of our events).
- To provide personalised communications (more details below).
- Where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so we can offer a more relevant, tailored service.
- We may use and disclose information in aggregate (so no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
We send communications to you to administer any service you have requested, or arrangements we have entered into with you, such as exhibiting at, or registering to attend one of our shows. Service emails include registration and payment confirmations and emails that provide useful information about how to use a service or feature when you sign up or start using it. We will also send you a service email if we make a fundamental change to our service offering or to our terms & conditions that we think we need to make you aware of, or to let you know important information about our business relationship.
Messages about services that we believe will be of interest to you
We will contact with you about other trade shows or services of ours that we believe may interest you, because they are relevant to your business.
We use your email address to update you on existing and new products, services and offers, and to gain your feedback to events or services that you have attended or engaged with. You can unsubscribe from any marketing emails by using the unsubscribe function, or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 01934 733433 or by post to Hale Events Ltd, Premier House, Old Church Road, Axbridge Somerset BS26 2BQ. We will always provide you with a way of opting out of receiving future marketing messages from us each time we send them to you.
Third Party Communication
We will share information with selected third parties, where you have provided consent, to enable them to contact you with information about goods or services that may interest you;
New Owners or managers of a Hale Events show
If the rights to manage one of Hale Events’ shows are passed to another organisation as part of its sale, or because of sub-contracting any of its management or organisation, then your data will pass to that organisation, for the purposes stated here. Hale Events will ensure that data is passed over securely and communicate that the information is required to be stored and processed according to GDPR and other data protection regulations.
If you make an enquiry to Hale Events Ltd for possible employment, or if you respond to an advert to provide a service or product to Hale Events Ltd, or if you make any other enquiry to Hale Events, then any of your personal data that is recorded, will be held securely, and only for as long as required to complete the transaction, according to the grounds upon which we are processing the data.
4. What if I don’t provide some or all of the information requested?
The impact of this will depend on what information you withhold, but the main impacts may be:
- We will not be able to process or fully process your order or application.
- We will not be able to contact you to let you know of problems regarding your order, your application or the goods/services provided.
- We will not be able to respond fully to requests and queries you may have.
- We cannot personalise the service you receive. So, if you are online you will have to search more for the content type you normally view or for similar/related products.
- We won’t be able to limit online adverts to products or services you have shown interest in and so you may receive adverts that are not related to your interests.
5. What grounds (legal basis) are we processing the data under?
There are a number of grounds we process your data under. These are:
- Consensual – if you sign up to a newsletter, or other communication, then by doing so you provide your consent to receive the newsletter or communication.
- Contractual – we need the information to perform the contract for goods or services you have requested/ordered including payment, delivery, administration etc. Or we need your data to be able to respond to your enquiry about employment, or other service or product provision you are offering.
- Legal – should we be legally required to contact you concerning a purchase or service.
- Legitimate interest – this means the processing is in Hale Events Ltd’s interest. It allows us to manage the customer relationship effectively and efficiently and improve the goods and/or services we provide by better understanding how our online and offline provisions are used and which goods are popular with which groups of individuals. This enables us to send you information about products or services that we believe will be of interest to you.
6. Information stored online
If you exhibit at, or participate in one of our events as a partner, sponsor or other, then your business contact and activity/functional area details may be searchable by users of the website (and users of other websites) and may appear on internet searches.
If you become aware that your personal information has been misused in any other way on the website, please send an email to us at email@example.com with details and we will investigate and, if necessary, remove this information.
7. Sharing your information with third parties
We may from time to time provide your personal information to third parties for the purposes of providing you with our services. These third-party providers include payment processors, providers of card validation services, credit referencing providers and booking services such as Eventbrite. This is necessary for the performance of the Hale Events Ltd service offering.
We will not keep a record of your credit or debit card details in our systems. Our payment processors do not decide what is done with your data and only process it on our behalf. These third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area; however, we will only use providers that provide adequate protection for your information at all times.
When transferring and storing any personal information outside the EEA we only do so under one of the legally recognised transfer mechanisms for ensuring the data is safeguarded. These are:
- The country in question has been deemed safe for data transfer by the European Commission. Also known as an adequacy finding.
- The contract for data processing contains the standard contractual clauses laid down by the European Commission to safeguard the transfer of personal data.
- Binding corporate rules – this is where a large company’s own internal processes for international data transfer have been signed off and agreed by the European Commission as safeguarding the data.
- If the data is going to the USA it can be safely transferred to a company that is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Appropriate certification schemes
We will disclose your personal data to comply with any legal obligation. This includes disclosing information to organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, or the order of a court or regulator.
The Facebook information provided is limited to your email address and only that which you have previously agreed with Facebook that they can share.
Cookies on this website could be used to Store and verify your session in the Exhibitor Zone (if you are logged in as an exhibitor).
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Unless you do this, cookies will be issued when you use our website. Please note that if you are an exhibitor you will be unable to use the Exhibitor Zone if you do not accept cookies.
You can also delete cookies via your browser at any time. If you do not accept cookies, or decide to delete them, you will still be able to access and use the website but you may not be able to use the Exhibitor Zone.
9. How we protect your information
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information in accordance with UK data protection legislation. These include firewalls and virus-checking procedures.
You are responsible for keeping secret any confidential passwords or other login or access details that you select or which we may allocate to you. While we take steps to ensure the security of your information, there is a risk that any information transmitted over the Internet and stored on a computer may be intercepted or accessed by an unauthorised party. If you think that someone has accessed your information held by us without your permission or gained unauthorised access to your login details, you must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also recommend that if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place such as a library that you close your browser when you have finished your session.
10. Your rights regarding your Personal Information
Under the Data Protection law and the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of rights with respect to your personal information, which are:
- Correcting your Information.
You are entitled to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up to date and accurate. In order to maintain the accuracy of the information we hold, you can update your personal details by sending us an email to email@example.com or by writing to Hale Events Ltd, Premier House, Old Church Road, Axbridge Somerset BS26 2BQ.
- Obtaining a copy of your Information
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org from your recorded email address, providing your full name.
- Deleting your information
You can request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances. These will be specific to each case. You can do this by contacting from your recorded email address, providing your full name.
- Restricting Processing
You can request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances. Examples are concerns over data accuracy or we no longer need to hold your data but you have requested its retention by us to aid you in a legal matter. You can do this by contacting email@example.com from your recorded email address, providing your full name.
- Right to object to Processing
You have the right to request that we stop processing your data for marketing purposes and in other limited circumstances such as asking us not to process your data by wholly automated means or not to analyse your information for targeted content etc. (also known as profiling).
You can action any of these rights by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Hale Events Ltd, Premier House, Old Church Road, Axbridge Somerset BS26 2BQ.
11. Right of complaint to the Regulator for Data Protection
The data protection laws in the UK are regulated and enforced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Each individual has the right to raise a concern/complaint to the ICO if they have any concerns about how their personal information and/or privacy is treated. You can do this via the ICO’s website, follow the links or have an online Live Chat.
Call the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113
Postal address: Information Commissioner’s Office
12. How long we hold your data for
We use a variety of technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to, unlawful use of, and modification and destruction of any personal data we store.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Where you have not participated, attended or registered to attend or participate in one of our events, or otherwise engaged with us in four years, we will delete your data, unless we have an obligation to retain it for longer (for example for taxation purposes).
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
13. Links to third-party websites
14. Updates to this policy
We may update this policy at any time without notice. We will tell you that we have updated the policy by emailing you at the email address you have provided to us and/or by posting an announcement on the Hale Events Ltd website. By continuing to use the website or Hale Events Ltd’s services after we have emailed you or posted a notice informing you of an update, you accept the changes to this Policy.
15. Contacting us
If you have any questions about privacy or wish to update your details or have them removed from our mailing list at any time, please contact us at:
Phone: +44 (0)1934-733433
Post: Data Protection Officer
Hale Events Ltd
Old Church Road